Weight Gain is one of those complex health issues, that so many people struggle with (me included). For some people, all they have to do is just think about it and they lose weight. But, for many of our clients, it is often a combination of one or more of the following factors.
1. Stress: even for a few hours can lead to increased sugar cravings as well as slowing down your overall metabolism.
2. Insulin Resistance: insulin is one of the main hormones that keep your blood sugar levels balanced. Being insulin resistant typically means that your blood sugar levels are higher and you store fat a lot more easily because insulin promotes fat storage.
3. Poor quality sleep: Lack of sleep can impact the neurotransmitters leptin and ghrelin, which are both connected to appetite. Not getting enough sleep nightly or poor quality sleep can actually increase the levels of the hunger neurotransmitter- ghrelin, which in turn can leave you eating more during the daytime.
4. Toxins: toxin accumulation can affect weight in two ways. Firstly, toxins can affect several of the hormones involved in your metabolisms such as leptin, ghrelin, cortisol, and thyroid. Secondly, toxins increase inflammatory markers, which can affect insulin resistance.
5. Hypothyroidism: thyroid hormones control cell metabolism. If you are in a hypothyroid state, your body produces lower-than-optimal thyroid hormones, leaving you with a slower metabolism.⠀⠀⠀
At Infinite Wellness, we exhaust all avenues to help you achieve your ideal weight goals.